Love, Laughter, and Laundry

Welcome to an inside peek into the life of our family. I hope that as you get to know me through this blog, you will get to know the Reason for the hope and the joy that I have in me:
Jesus Christ


Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Love, Laughter, and Laundry

My house is messy; the noise level is high
We can destroy a house and not even try.

Neither my nails nor my lawn are manicured,
And many a sleepless night have I endured.

"Mount Needs to be Washed" is in my laundry room,
And my kitchen floor really needs a date with a broom.

It seems someone always wants to be in my lap;
I live for my daily afternoon nap.

Trying to go anywhere requires a well thought out plan;
My dream car is my new 15 passenger van.

Tho' sometimes it's hard not to be a little depressed,
Because my home isn't perfect, or I'm not fashionably dressed...

When I think of all the things that having a large family entails,
I can't help but feel that this thought prevails:

There is no greater joy that I have in my life,
Than being a mother and being a wife.

Receiving kisses and hugs and cuddling up together,
Believe me, my friend, there just "ain't nothing better!"

God has blessed some folks with money and houses,
And other types of success that our world espouses.

But I feel that He's given me riches untold
With nine precious children to love and to hold.

No comments: