Love, Laughter, and Laundry

Welcome to an inside peek into the life of our family. I hope that as you get to know me through this blog, you will get to know the Reason for the hope and the joy that I have in me:
Jesus Christ


Sunday, September 23, 2007

The List

This weekend, I had to referee an argument between my 8 year old and 6 year old girls. The final blow, however, came when the 8 year old proclaimed vehemently to her younger sister that she was "the worst sister ever!" I had a long talk with my 8 year old about how hurtful her words had been to her sister, and then I gave her a punishment that was worse than any spanking: Write 10 things that you like about your sister...and then read them out loud to her. I thought you might enjoy "The List."

1. She is good at games
2. She is nice sometimes (...I 'm pretty sure she was still mad at this point)
3. She's good at stories
4. She's good at telling the truth
5. She's good at hair stuff
6. She's funny (I hope that was meant as a compliment)
7. She has a great sense of humor (...isn't that the same as #6? Oh well, I let it slide)
8. I would be lonely without her (I think she's starting to "get it")
9. She's good at prettyness
10. She's good at golf (we may be stretching things here, but it's hard to come up with 10 nice things when you're mad!)

The reading of the list worked, and things ended happily...they even piled into the same bed last night to watch a movie.

Lord, help me guard my words this week! Help me to remember to tell the people I love why I love them.

No comments: